Effectiveness. That’s the main reason. Quite simply, it just works. See below for some powerful data points regarding text marketing, but it really boils down to this: building an engaged local audience on social and mobile drives sales because of the time consumers spend on their mobile devices and social media.
- 97% of all text messages are opened within 5 minutes of receipt!
- 62% of text messages are remembered
- 22% of text messages of value are forwarded to family and friends
- Mobile coupons get 10x the redemption rate of traditional coupons
- 75% of smartphone users would like to get notified of new offers via SMS
- The most effective mobile marketing medium for eliciting consumer response is SMS
Just think about it. It’s likely you communicate via text message very frequently, and perhaps even prefer communicating that way in many cases to phone calls and email. It’s just an effective way to let your customers know about your offers, and they will respond if your audience is effectively engaged. This can be done through initiatives like giveaways for anything from sporting events and concert tickets, to weekly subscriber random freebies for your products/services.